If you answer ‘yes’ to three or more of the following questions, you might have to have your hearing tested:
- Do you find people mumble when they talk?
- Do you have difficulty hearing on the telephone?
- Do you have to turn up the volume of the television to hear the speech?
- Do family members / co-workers comment that you sometimes miss what is being said?
- Do you often have to ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do you misunderstand when people talk and sometimes respond incorrectly?
- Do people get annoyed when you ask them to repeat what they have just said?
- Do you have a buzzing / zinging / roaring sound in your ear/s?
- Do you have difficulty hearing in crowds / restaurants?
- Do you have difficulty hearing speech when there are background noise?
- Do you have more difficulty hearing when women and children talk?
- Do you often have to strain to hear conversations?
- Do you have dizziness / vertigo?
We perform the following Hearing Evaluations at the Clinic:
- Video otoscopy
- Tympanometry Ipsi- and contralateral acoustic reflexes & reflex decay
- Eustachian tube functioning
- High frequency audiometry
- Diagnostic OAE’s SISI / ABLB / tone decay / speech discrimination tests